Deal Snapshot
STANLEY BLACK AND DECKER TO BUY 20% STAKE IN OUTDOOR POWER EQUIPMENT MAKER MTD PRODUCTS FOR USD 234M
Thursday 13 September 2018

US-based tool and hardware maker Stanley Black and Decker (NYSE: SWK) has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire a 20% stake in outdoor power equipment manufacturer MTD Products Inc for USD 234m in cash, the company said. Under the terms of the agreement, Stanley Black and Decker has the option to acquire the remaining 80% of MTD beginning on 1 July 2021.
With 2017 revenues in excess of USD 2bn, MTD manufactures and distributes lawn tractors, zero turn mowers, walk behind mowers, snow throwers, trimmers, chain saws, utility vehicles and other outdoor power equipment for both residential and professional lawn and garden customers.


TKUqg0 http://www.FyLitCl7Pf7kjQdDUOLQOuaxTXbj5iNG.com
Details
Date Published: 13/09/2018
Target: MTD Products
Country: USA
Deal Size: 234m (USD)
Sector: Machinery/Engineering
Type: Corporate acquisition
Financing: Cash
Status: Agreed
Vendor:
Buyer: Stanley Black and Decker,  
Comment:


Options